Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Big Bang Theory Season Finale...scores an A with The Light



As a kid in the 1980's I looked forward to season premieres and season finales.

Then some where between Fonze jumping a shark and Tony Soprano killing...well you know who he killed I don't want to spoil nothing. Somewhere between Happy Days and The Sopranos, network television just became less and less "must see."

So even though I watch Big Bang Theory on a regular basis I was less than excited that the characters Sheldon and Amy were getting married in this year's finale.

Well I have to admit...I enjoyed this finale.

Usually I find the use of mega guest stars to be trite and a crutch for so so writing.

However, the long list of guests on last nights show was amusing. Though they were not used to the best of their ability.

What I liked most about the show were all the factors that have made this cast show work for me all these years. Big Bang Theory is indeed a show about evolution as we have seen all of the characters grown over the years little by little. I surmise that's how most of us are in real life. We may hate the color pink or be afraid of certain food...however with the love of friends and family we can learn to tolerate  our hates and face our fears if not embrace them.

I am sure that many feel The Big Bang Theory has stayed too long and the cast is too big.
I won't debate that...but as some one that still misses Welcome Back Kotter, WKRP and Futurama...I will say...when a comedy I love stays too long...I just enjoy it...because the time when I miss it will come soon enough and will be waaaaay to long.

So Sheldon, Amy, Raj, Berny Howard, Leonard and Penny...I will see you in September!














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Festival For Artists Over 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...