Saturday, February 2, 2019

Leave Gladys Alone!


Four Reasons The Light Nation Supports Gladys Knight
Singing at The Super Bowl!


 There's been a lot of people that have been calling music legend Gladys Knight everything but a child of God, based on the fact she's decided to accept the "gig" of singing The Star Spangled Banner at The 2019 Super Bowl.

While I myself will not watch the game and have not watched football since Colin Kaepernick was booted from The NFL. I whole heartedly support Ms. Knight singing at The Super Bowl and would tune in if she was the half-time act.

Here are my reasons.

1. She's Earned The Right To Be On The World's Biggest Stage!

Gladys Knight and The Pips are music royalty. Ms. Knight has earned her place to open and close The Super Bowl. We have lost so many unique voices that will not ever ever ever be replaced...it would have been selfish for her to say no. I am going to embrace and love Gladys Knight as long as The Good Lord allows and I advise you do the same.

2. She's Fought For Freedom for Musicians and People Of Color.
Though she does not broadcast it. Like almost everyone from her generation Ms. Knight has fought for freedom. Gladys Knight is an elder. Even if I thought she was wrong, I would conceed she might be right. I have no problem with her singing. If I did...I would still say all of her amazing wonderful uplifting good works far out weighted a few minutes singing at The Super Bowl.

3. Gladys Knight IS ATLANTA!
Not Having Atlanta Born Gladys Knight would be like not having Patti Labelle sing at a Super Bowl in Philly! Plus I am sure the hardest ticket to get will be tickets to Jermain Dupri's parties.

4. Black people always have to sacrifice for other people's wrong!
I do not overly or publicly crictize Black people that still watch NFL football.
I really wish they would not. However.
Black people while being harmed by football and the support of it....did not create this current situation. It was The NFL that decided to fire Colin Kaepernick for kneeling.
All my life , Black people have been asked to sacrifice quite frankly cause some white people don't know how to act or at least be decent. In this case the owners and management of NFL football.
I have friends that work 2 jobs, take care of their family, some have kids in college...and for 13 weeks they enjoy NFL football. I do not have it in me to come to them and wag my finger to ask them to give up another thing that they love so much.

Likewise. I have friends that are making good money off The NFL and again...they are able to do great things for their family and community.

Likewise...If Gladys Knight chooses to cash in on her talent and hard work and get that NFL check? I for one say God bless Gladys for that.

Let your friends watch The Super Bowl in peace, go to a Super Bowl party and enjoy the festive times, and yall let Gladys sing! I promise you...there are and will be more fights to fight on Monday!






Please Support Our Upcoming Special Events!





https://www.eventbrite.com/e/second-sunday-with-the-light-networking-arts-music-tickets-54876839103?aff=ebdssbdestsearch













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Festival For Artists Over 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...