Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Unusual Gang of Idiots: REASONS with Major Nelson Anthony "The Lost Astronaunt"


From season one, episode one I have been DCs Legends Of Tomorrow's biggest fan.
To date it might be my favorite comic book inspired live action TV show.

I'll have to comprise a list and let you know where it ranks with other favorites like George Reeves' The Adventures Of Superman , Lois and Clark and Bat Man 1966.

Here are my REASONS I LOVE THE LEGENDS

THE LEGENDS ARE TOTAL IDIOTS
Alan Moore's WATCHMEN revealed the dark dark underbelly of what super hero life would be like in the real world. DC's Legends reveals just how damaged, warped, and a few donuts short of a dozen you have to be to get involved with super heroe-ing and time travel. AND IT'S FUN.

Over the years the heroes on Legends have fumbled their way through one mission after another.

While Super-Man is regarded as a hero almost with out pier, the DC Universe  that The Legends occupy see them as a gang of misfits at best ...but mostly idiots that mean well.

Watching every week. I watch to see how bad they will mess up before figuring out how to save the day.

To their credit the villains have gotten deadly and interesting since they first encountered Vandal Savage.

THE LEGENDS REMINDS ME OF JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED


I love the DC Adventure Animated Universe that gave us Batman Adventures and Justice league Unlimited. Why? Because the writers always made the people behind the masks more important and compelling then the grand super powers they wield (hero or villain.)

I can say the same for Legends.
In comics I never cared for Captain Cold, The Atom, Heat Wave or any of the other characters.
In fact I always thought they were corny and their powers sucked.
However, the writers on LOT really have crafted characters with personality.
I love the The Atom/Ray Palmer's goofy optimism.
I love Heat Wave's rudeness but warped sense of honor and the fact he writes romance novels.
White Canary is a total bad bad ass and fights for her relationships (with men and women.)
Steel...well I still mostly think he's a dud but ...he's still a great idiot to have on the team.

LEGENDS REMINDS ME OF MY FAVORITE LIVE ACTION TV SUPER HERO SHOWS

Earlier I mentioned my favorite live action TV Super Hero shows and LOT reminds me of all my favorites.

First I remember as a kid how thrilled I was to see comics come to life in The Adventures of Super Man.
Then I was super thrilled as Super Villains came to life in The 1966 Batman show.

Then Lois and Clark brought them all together.

I could go on.

I will just say that LOT has delivered some of my favorite non popular villains like Per Degaton and some of my favorite B-list heroes like Jonah Hex.

LOT also with the time travel and the occasional trip through the multi-verse reminds me of Land of The Lost.

So here's the deal.

The Reasons I Love Legends

The Idiots
The Adventures
The Villains
The Character Development

So Until They Bring Back Electra Woman and Dyna Girl?
(Just kidding do not do that)
_____________

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS AND LIVE EVENTS

















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Festival For Artists Over 40

  T hriv, coming to Atlantic City for a weekend that is full of fun and inspiration for baby boomers and gen Xers thinking about how you wan...